The Importance of A Logo in Branding
The Importance of A Logo in Branding – According to the American Marketing Association, a ‘brand’ is the features of a product that distinguishes it from other products of its kind. A product may have several copies on the market, but its brand is responsible for its uniqueness.
As an entrepreneur, you have to instill an image of your products/services in the minds of your potential market. Your brand is, therefore, the picture that comes to a person’s mind when he/she thinks about your product.
These mind images may be emotional (this product makes me feel good) or physical (this particular product fits me properly.)
Take soft drinks as an example. The two giants in the industry are Coca-Cola and Pepsi. The drinks taste almost the same (honestly I find it hard to differentiate between both), but for some reason, I am more likely to purchase the Coca-Cola. Now, that is I. Some other persons may give the Pepsi drink the nod ahead of Coca-Cola. There is a reason why we have different preferences. That is the brand!
What is Branding?
According to Kotler & Keller, (2015), “Branding is endowing products and services with the power of a brand.” Okay, let us break it down.
Branding is a process employed by companies to make customers choose their products over others. Branding is in essence, quickly laying the cards down, and describing what a product is and what it is not.
Companies use branding to attract and retain their customers by ensuring the product lives up to the quality the brand suggests.
Several factors are necessary for branding to be more efficient and have lasting effects on the consumers of a product. Some of these factors are,
- The company’s logo
- The company’s name
- The visual identity
- The message the company communicates, etc.
As important as the factors mentioned above are in branding, the most important and efficient amongst them is the company’s ‘logo.’
Do you remember the old saying, “A picture is worth a thousand words…?” Logos depicts what words can’t describe for your brand.
A logo is a symbol or a small design adopted by companies or organizations to help people identify its products or services. In recent times, logos have gone from being just symbols to being graphical and easily understandable. A logo helps an organization to gain instant public recognition and helps generate positive and favorable feelings about the organization.
Company logos are a quick way of pointing to the business of marketing and advertisement. An effective logo will represent your business, attract more clients and allow your brand to be seen as tested, tried and true.
For the most effective impact, a logo needs to be original and memorable.
- Logos are the most important strategic marketing asset owned by a company. A clean and stylistic logo is a sure way to attract and retain clients.
- Brand Recognition: Some logos are not strategically designed and as a result, do not provoke much thought. A good logo does not come cheap though. Some company logos cost close to a million dollars to develop and even more to promote these logos. Creating the perfect brand can help your business standout. Most times, without any words written, you can identify the company with just the logo.
- A Good Logo Builds Clients’ Confidence: Low confidence in a particular brand will make people see buying your products as risky especially if you are not yet popular. To build trust in the market, it is essential to have a logo that will distinguish your brand from competition, make consumers discover and remember you.
- A Good Logo gives your Company a Competitive Edge: There are new businesses rolling in daily, and an already existing company may find itself suddenly on the brink of losing its loyal clients. With a good logo design, a company can make clients remember it easily whenever a need for its services arises.
As simple as logos may seem, when they are being created, they take into consideration all that a company is about and narrow this information down to a simple graphic representation. If you do not have much experience in marketing and strategic marketing communication, it is not recommended that you take on this project as a DIY . You could just save yourself the stress and time by hiring a professional after all a terribly done logo is worse than no logo.
Visit our home page or visit the links below to find the right fit for you.